PyroForum.nl

Bottle Rocker Thai Style

Constructed from nothing but an elastic band, piece of tissue paper, reed, and the outside casing from a Banana plant flower it has to be the most basic bottle rocket I've ever seen.

Step one. Wrap up 1 gram of B.P composed of unmilled ingredients including some 50mesh charcoal in a piece of tissue paper forming a little conical section at the end ( fuse).

Step 2. Wrap the tissue in a 3" x 1" piece of dried Bamboo flower casing.

Step 3. Attach the 'motor' to a 1/16 inch thick 24 inch long piece of reed with an elastic band.

It flies surprisingly well to a height of around 100 feet. The 1 gm of comp burns pretty slowly taking about 2 seconds to burn when lit in a pile on the ground.

• 3 weeks later...

Bigger Thai B.P rocket. This one is just over 1 mt long 2 inch ID and weights 6 Kg and is considered a small rocket (the big ones contain over 100KG of comp. These guys make and launch rockets every weekend and gamble on the time it take from launch to the rocket coming back to the ground.

Edited by bangkokpyro
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for posting the video Tynman,
Yes that is the rocket shown in the pictures. If any of you guys want to see them being builtand fired as well as learning to build and shoot cylinder shells I am starting 'Pyro Holidays ' later this year. Build yourself and shoot 3 to 6 inch Traditional style cylinder shells single and multibreak for a week and visit Thai rocket builders on a 3 day upcountry excursion.
Full details will be on my website currently under construction www.bangkokpyro.com. Courses are only going to be run 4 times per year and for a max of 4 people per time.