PyroForum.nl

How to persuade my parents from pyrotechnics?

I have got a big problem:

My parents are thinking that I am sick in my head, cause I create pyrotechnic devices,
I create them every weekend and go fishing and do some fightsports (aikido, taekwondo).
I CAN GET aLL MY MATERIAL´s: KCLO4/KCLO3/KNO3/SrNO3/BaNO3magnesiumpowder/ 800 mesh aluminium and some visco and the other stuff from ebay etc!!!!
But my parents dont find it OK that I am making pyro, I want to create bigger shells and fountains but they were so strict to me.
I have got 1500€, that is enough money for pyrotechnic things, I can also build my own ball mill for making perfect blackpowder, but they are against it!!!! ;)

I create wonderfull shells, fountains and show the shells to my parents, but if something is built bigger and bigger, they say automatically stop,stop,stop, dont do that again, IT IS FORBIDDEN :)

I hate my parents, I said to them that pyrotechnic is like every other hobby and they say NO NO NO.
IT IS MY PASSION SINCE 7 years, but they still don´t respect it.

AND they always thought that I am making explosives or other crap for blowing telephone-cells up etc.

AND I CANT DO PYRTOTECHNICS IN MY ROOM; I NEED TO DO THAT IN A VERY COLD AND HUMID AND STINKY ROOM!!!!

How can I persuade my fuckin parents from pyrotechnics????

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR ADVICES

From the story you tell I think your parents are also like ''you're crazy''. So I don't think they really want to know how it all works, otherwise you could tell them. It's kinda stupid to convince parents who think it's dangerous, illegal and don't have interest for it. Maybe if you do small things, like different colour stars, it could convince them that you know what you're doing. But make sure that you know! If something goes wrong with it, it won't help you. You could make strobe balls or small fontains. Someting they like because of the colours. Anyway, start with small things on the ground, let them see you know what you're doing, and doing someting in chemistry that has less to do with pyro could help to.

Those are some really nice materials you got there. Make sure you dont spend those 1500 bucks only to materials. First watch if it's not too expensive. Sometimes you can make things yourself. Don't spend too much. Now you got those materials I don't think you need anything much more. Or were you planning to buy anything else?

In a few months I want to order some Al-Powder from an art-shop( 5g for 3,25€!!!!!) and some KNO3, then I will make some BP and then I´ll build a fountain.

PS: I dont buy anything of the above chemicals in the first post, since my parents wont order anything for me, they dont respect my passion!!!!

• Root Admin
PS: I dont buy anything of the above chemicals in the first post, since my parents wont order anything for me, they dont respect my passion!!!!
From what are you making your "wonderfull shells, fountains" then? Sounds like driving a car without gasoline.

€3,25 for 5 grams is a very BIG rip-off, in the order of paying at least 30 times as much.

You can use PayPal or MoneyBookers? No need for your parents creditcard etc.

But man, you say you hate your parents i would never say that man, their only looking out for you, probably the only reason that they say it, is cause they are concerned (ya know what i mean) about you.

I mostly agree with jullicher.
You should just try to explain it in a normal manner, and if they dont understand, you should go live by yourself man, they're still the boss over you if ya know what i mean.

Lttrrzz

I think it's a higher quality, otherwise it won't be so expensive. The 95% KNO3 is mostly about 17-18 euros for 25 kilos. But I agree somtimes it's just being lucky. Try to find where it's used for in daily use. Then you may find where you can buy it. But remember, the seller aren't stupid. So don't make it too clear you're going to make BP.

How old are you? I wouldnt let my 12-year old play with pyro too, so you might tell us that before we can give any advice.

By the way, my way to deal with problems like this is to let the problem escalate. If they forbid you, just do it. If they get angry, just ignore it. Make one hell of an argument about it. Check out how much it's worth for them, if they hold on when you give them a hard time. In general, parents give up by then because they are tired of the argument. If they don't, wait a week and try again. They might punish you for not listening to them, but thats something you'll have to overcome. Keep using this strategy, at the end it will work.

I have ordered some KNO3; my mother took it away( including the other stuff), now i cantmake any fountains, fuses, blackpowder,
or other stuff!!!!!

pyro is history for me now!!!!! :):P
i AM SO SAD!!!!!

i have planned on making a viscomachine a ball mill, a grinding tool,
EVERYTHING IS FOR THE ARSE!!!!

PS: I am 15.

;)

STOP SCREAMING! Or get a warning. T.

I do not think it's that weird that your parents don't like you playing with illegal and dangerous stuff.
You should've asked first, then spend money later.

So far, I hope you will get some niceness from your parents so we can see you again sometime.
Goodluck with it.

Gr33tZ

I think you're going a little fast with your thoughts on making tools and devices.
This is how I did it: Take a gently start. You start out with no chemicals. Let you parents know you're interested in a positive way. Then slowly buy you first few chemicals in secret, and make something funnt. A little KNO3:Sugar some bomb or something, which looks professional. Ten grow bigger and bigger and bigger. If it goes too fast, your parents will get scared I think.

If this doesn't work, your parents are just scared of it anyway, no matter how you do it. If they even take your KNO3, witch is nothing, I don't think your parent wil allow you.
Show them you're a smart and wise kid, and don't say ''I'm making and 4'' shell and I'm mixing 2 pounds of thermite right now''

Good luck.

Bye, Yellowcard

ps. I'm 16, and my parent think pyro is O.K. , as long school's going good.

some bomb or something

:)
I hope you mean "smoke bomb", because else I don't understand your parents let you do pyro ;).
My mum is ok with me doing pyrotechnics. She loves it when I make fountains or gerbs for "special occasions" i.e. birthdays. My dad is a little bit scarrier. He thinks everything will blow up. I started just by obtaining chemicals in secret, mix them to form sparkler compositions, and fountains were born. Showed them to family and everybody was happy, especially me...

I started with making fountains too, I take the BP from regular fireworks
and build small fireworks for my mothers birthday, she was fascinated but now she is very annoyed about pyro. I told her my perfect ideas and that I don't make anything that is dangerous or deadly, even I use no toxic substances.

I take a little pyrobreak for my mother to calm down, and say nothing about pyro for 1 month, maybe that would help.

I wish you good luck pyrostar.

I've got a similar problem but I think my parents will allow me to do more stuff when time passes. I hope. :)

My parents haven't taken any of the chems I got but they've threatened to do so, now I'm modifying my desk so it has a lock on it and is safer to store chems.

Greets

Great news, next week I'll get back my KNO3.

I will make some tigertail-stars for starmines.
Then I will get SrCO3, BaNO3, aluminiumpowder(70micon), magnesiumpowder and KCLO4 from ebay.

My mother calmed down and my father, too.

Thanks for all your advices,

I love ya all :)

Where is it you are from? Carbonates can usually be find semi-locally in pottery supply places. Sometimes nitrates even. Great news that your parents are accepting this as your hobby. I'm not sure if I've replied to your situation, but I will.

#1 Be honest with your parents. They won't trust you if you don't give them a reason to.
#2 Don't scare them.
-Show them any injuries and calmly explain the severity.
-Don't do anything too big at first
-Explain everything to them before it happens
#3 Don't take shortcuts

Those are the best things I can think of at the moment. I am 19 myself. My aunt and uncle don't mind, but I'm not mass producing flash salutes or anything like that, so things work well. There biggest grips is about my charcoal hands touching the furniture.

Good luck.

Hi deadman :)

You said the thing with your charcoal fingers and the furniture,
I have got the same problem as yours!!!
I grind my charcoal with mortar and pestle, and the dust flyes everywhere.The next morning, I woke
up and then my pyroroom is full of a thin layer of charcoaldust, now I have a sneeze nose!!! ;)
I found some SrCO3 for 7€ a kilogram at a pottery-shop.

The reason that I can get this chemicals was that I ask my father wether he can order some visco for me, he said no, but dont care!!! :P
Then I have written some good notes and I have explained my father that I can't create pyrotechnic devices at all if I havent got chemicals like KNO3/S/charcoal/ and the other stuff like metalpowder and so on.
Then I said to him: Dad I found some chemicals in onlinestores, I want to show you them and then you can think over it wether I can buy them, ok???

That was a good start, because I never was able to order some chemicals via internet!!!
But I am very very scared that the police will arrive to my house if I order some KNO3 and aluminiumpowder etc. Did anyone here get caught as he was ordereing chemicals via internet???
Now I just need to persuade my mother from my hobby and then everything will be fine!!!
I will make some tigertail stars when I get my KNO3 in bigger amounts and then I will make some fountains and starmines.
I will make a crappy fountain from sparklerpowder for showing my parents what I can do.

Thanks for all your advices again.

Pyrostar

As already suggested: Take small steps. That's how I persuaded my parents.

I started out as making small experiments, like vinegar and bakingsoda in kinderegg shells (This was before my pyro hobby, IIRC I was 13 or so). Then I registered as member on a chem forum and read like a crazy. I heard about this "smoke bomb" with saltpetre and sugar. I wanted to buy saltpetre so badly, but my mom was against it. I told her I wouldn't make black powder, but only wanted to make fuses and a few smoke bombs. For a long time she wouldn't let me, but I kept telling her why it wasn't dangerous and such ( :) ).

She finally let me! Now my pyro could begin. I worked my way up slowly. Keep reading about the correct procedure of different kinds of deviced, this includes safety. Be sure to let them know how much safety you have. Twist the truth a little, it won't hurt. For example, at first my mom wouln't let me put black powder into tubes. Now I can make aerial shells and such. I can't make big aerial shells yet or salutes. But that is because she is worried about my neighbours. If I fired it at my holiday house, it's okay.

And I've also just bought an order on 1-6" shell hemis and 2-6" mortars. A 20 kg chemical order soon to come. I finally got my mom's permission.

I'm now 15 years old.

But I am very very scared that the police will arrive to my house if I order some KNO3 and aluminiumpowder etc. Did anyone here get caught as he was ordereing chemicals via internet???
I've ordered many chemicals on online stores. Never had any problems. I even ordered Dark Aluminium from Germany, and it arrived within a week. No problems there.

Nobody is allowed to open your mail at the post office, only the police can do that if they have a serious reason for it. As long as you're not making drugs or ammunition or something, everything will be fine.

I have the same problem with my parents. If I make a little smokebomb my dad is mostly always watching for fun, if I want to make other kinds of fireworks they dont allow it. The problem is that every device that I make is not allowed by my parents so I have to do it secretly, that is not simple.
gr.tafel poot2