Jump to content
PyroForum.nl

Recommended Posts

If you want to make good blue, try to make this compo.

Kaliumchloraat - 6,50 (KClO3 - Pottasium chlorate)
Koperoxide - 1,00 (CuO - Copper oxide)
Parlon - 0,50 (??? - Parlon)
Dextrine - 1,50 (??? - Dextrine)
Maizena - 0,50 (??? - starch? )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest wolkje

Keep on going the good work.
Those shells where Very Nice. :P :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice Shells PGF!
I Like the ring shell. :)

I hope I will be able to make some better shells too very soon!
(My shells never get high, but the break is getting better. :P )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nice Shells PGF!
I Like the ring shell. :)

I hope I will be able to make some better shells too very soon!
(My shells never get high, but the break is getting better. :P )



Good luck with your future shells, I'm sure they will get better :P


Thanks for the nice words everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're amazing :) ! How many inches were your shells, how heavy, and how many and what kind of burst charge did you use ?

They are really very nice. I hope you can tell us a bit more on how you constructed them exactly and what compositions you used.

Keep up the good work !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, let's start.

All shells were 2.5", canister type. They weighed 190g-200g and were lifted 15g-18g of granulated BP (10 mesh). For the break I used 20mesh granulated BP this was placed in the centre of the shell (A tubes is used to centre the break and the stars are placed around the tube then the tube is slowly pulled out leaving a core of burst. To prevent the core of burst to get lost all over the shell between the spaces of the stars I put some green mix in by the stars so all the spaces are filled, this is done when the tube with the burst is in the shell).

Oh yes, for the fuse I used a spollette (paper tube rammed with BP, I used a 3 second delay, about 2.5cm of powder). I never crossmatch my spollettes as they take fire really easily and they have a nice jet of flames coming from them when they burn so you can film them easiliy.

For the stars I used a white star formula (made with hardwood charcoal, beech to be exact).

KNO3 - 72%
S - 29%
C - 3%
Dex - 5%

The shells were then spiked with the aid of a spiking horse. When spiked I pasted the shell with a thin layer of white glue so the strings were glued to the shell. After this is dried I pasted the shell by wraping it in a paper strip that has been pasted with wheat paste.

I hope this helped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, thanks alot :) ! But, what is exactly a ''canister'' ? Cilinder shape ? I google'd a bit but I found a several different things...
And 200 gram is alot man ! Nice work getting those thing high up in the sky that well. What your mortar tube is made from ? And where did you find it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yes, thanks alot :) ! But, what is exactly a ''canister'' ? Cilinder shape ? I google'd a bit but i found a servial different things...

Yup, he means a cilindrical shell.
(NL: Canister betekent iets in de richting van busje)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the Aerials look very very nice, PGF..!
And yes, you can replace Parlon for PVC, but if you do that, use a 'lil bit more..

I do have your site in my favourites (peteling.gozdis.si isn't it?), but, there are so less photos.. why?

Duvel.. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone, after a short break from pyro I'm back with some shells :)

Here's a pic, I'm going to fire them tommorow and post vids here.
The three small ones are 50mm and the two big ones are 75mm. The 75mm are comet shells with 33 chrysanthemum comets in them and BP break. The small ones have a mix of stars in them. 1 has better pearl streamers in it and the other two have a mix of white and chrysanthemum stars. All small ones have BP as break and a tea spoon of grnaulated whislte as booster and they are only spiked vertically.

Enjoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, those shells look great. :)
I have to say I'm getting better at making shells too! Next time I fire some shells (wich will be in about 3 weeks) I'll also film them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×