PyroForum.nl

How to persuade my parents from pyrotechnics?

Hmmm, I have the same problem, My dad said; "you got my permission for pyrotechnics, but the day that the police rings at the door, your hobby is over."
In fact, one of my neighbours is a police man and he's son knows some friends of me, and he is a really click chip. So I have to do everything to avoid that he knows something of my most loved hobby.

My parents took all of my chems after I kind of burned my shed. ;)
It's not that much damage but the chems were quite expensive for me.
Now I only practice theory and like to read stuff about pyro and also every other kind of chemistry.
I've got a scooter(Not sure if this is the right word.) since last weekend so now I can race around like an idiot. :)

Greets

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am back

I have got some good news: I have created some fireworks( fountains, catherine wheels and rockets)
and show them my parents, my father took his camera and record these devices.
And the end of the show he was totally fascinated from my firework´s.
I´m planning on a 2" round shell with some tigertail stars, since I have got huge amounts of
KNO3( buttcher) and all the other stuff for making stars.
I have also made a star-rolling machine, a rocket-tooling and a starpump.
I show them my parents and explain how they work and they were totally fascinated
from what I can do.

Here are a few videos from my catherine wheel (made by my friend and me):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aLA7LSY8KPk

The fountain (could have been better):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=d6XuYsCIAmQ

Fast BP:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NDE0tbSzmlQ

A selfmade roadflare:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UFhm-o5WDBE

So that are my project´s, I hope you enjoyed them.

Pyrostar

Hi

Ho, the thread will never end...
Today was a day like all the others.
My mother want´s me to go to a psychiatrist, just becuase I am making pyro.
My father says I make him sick with my passion.
He says, that every day is annoying for him, I don´t understand them and I don´t know what is wrong with them.
Again, no rockets, no salutes, no fountains, no wheel´s etc... the same problem as the last time I posted this thread.
When I become 16, I will search for some homes and then I will leave my parents, I can not live with them together anymore.
I will also look for a job for my money.
I am so sad and I am so irritated.
Don´t know what to do know.
My father said to me that I should change my hobby and I shouldn´t make " dumb pyro" anymore, because I am just doing pyro, nothing else.
But I do fishing, playing footbal, aikido etc.
I took all my chemicals and bring them into the dump, because my father say they musn´t be in my room and in my room it smells like a chemlab....bla bla bla.
Hoo...god.
I need to leave my parents

Someone of you will think that I am stupid because I want to leave my parents, but I am very irritated and I really don´t know what to do and every day is a pain in my parents and in my soul :)

Regard´s,

Pyrostar

When I become 16, I will search for some homes and then I will leave my parents, I can not live with them together anymore.
I will also look for a job for my money.

The typical words of a teenager. Seriously man, don't take it that hard. I think we've all been there, the times I told my parents I was going to leave them and live on my own, lol. :)
Just be patient and respect your parents and their decisions, wait a few years before you actually do something, I know you'll regret it otherwise. :P

Now, from the information I get from this and other posts you made I think pyro is not the problem. It's how you deal with it. As you wrote it looks like your parents change their mind every week about you doing pyro. One week they allow it and the other week they don't. This looks to me like you're doing something that your parents can't stand when they allow it. Maybe you kinda abuse your freedom in your hobby or so? Or maybe you are a little too obsessed with it and the fact they don't know sh*t about it makes them scared. :P

Or maybe your parents are just over-protective and your in a lousy situation. :P I suggest you just wait a few years till you grow up, then they'll probally won't be that annoying anymore and you'll be allowed to do much more. Or you can always keep trying to explain them how fascinating it can be and that it's not that dangerous after all if you know what you're doing. And just stay with the small things, the easy pyro stuff. No big, complex and dangerous things.

And if the situation doesn't improve, just try to live in harm with your parents and think that there's much more in life than pyro. ;)

Hi :)

The sheet is turned.

I bought some KNO3 at a spice shop, my mother gave me the advice that I should look at a spice shop for
KNO3, the advice from my mother!
Finally, I got 1Kg KNO3 for 10€.
Now I can make BP again and so on.
I have also made candy propellant, very cool though.

So, however, everything is fine, let´s see how long it last.

Pyrostar