PyroForum.nl

Quiet English Section

Yes its VERY quiet in the english section indeed.
Nice you try to get some action in this section. :D A 8 inch shell is nice do you have it on film?
Wel i got a question for you. Is it treu you can buy a lot of chemicals very easy in Thailand?
Especially after 9-11 and Bali.

[Yes its VERY quiet in the english section indeed.
/quote]Not bad at all, you can get alot of feedback from dutch members, because we speak englisch as a second language most time.
Can you tell me how many lift is needed for a 5 inch cylinder per gram of finished shell?
I use willow pulverone lift and less than 5 mm between shell and mortar.
I think I will blow my shell to the moon with 10%
Yes its VERY quiet in the english section indeed.
Nice you try to get some action in this section. :D A 8 inch shell is nice do you have it on film?
Wel i got a question for you. Is it treu you can buy a lot of chemicals very easy in Thailand?
Especially after 9-11 and Bali.

Hi shells on video I only have big big files and have not figured out how to compress/reduce the file size. Chemicals in Thailand ? yes not a problem as I run a small firework company. I make cylinder shells for the domestic Thai market in sizes 2 to 8 inch. Actually most explosive devices used by terrorists nowdays are a bit more sophisicated than flash or pyrotechnic firework compositions so you can still get pretty well anything here without restrictions.

Not bad at all, you can get alot of feedback from dutch members, because we speak englisch as a second language most time.
Can you tell me how many lift is needed for a 5 inch cylinder per gram of finished shell?
I use willow pulverone lift and less than 5 mm between shell and mortar.
I think I will blow my shell to the moon with 10%

Yes I see most Dutch speak English very well.
When you say 'willow polverone lift' do you mean it is unmilled B.P lift?
There are some variables in calculating the amount of lift needed for a particular shell.
round or cylinder type shell - Shell Diameter and clearance in the mortar - single or multi break - weight - type of lift powder you intend to use - how high do you want to put the shell etc etc
As a rough guide 1 Oz per Lb (28gms per 450gms)of shell weight is about right for a single break round shell if using commercial lift powder like Goex or Wano brands. Cylinder shells normally have a little less clearance in the mortar than round shells so you can use a little less.
A 5 inch cylinder shell is going to weigh between 1.5 and 2Kg and I would use between 90 and 120gms if using commercial 2F powder.

Now if you are using homemade powder you might need more or less than this amount depending on the quality and granulation of your lift.
I don't like ballmilling and see no point in it for shells over 3 inch so I make all my lift powder by a simple screening of the fine ingredients 3 times through a 40 mesh screen, moisten with water then granulation through a screen to 2F size (passing a 4 mesh screen but retained on a 12 mesh screen) I use 3% SGRS as a binder.
This powder is not as strong as commercial powder but what the hell ..... it's quick to make, cheap and safer to make than ballmilling/pressing pucks/corning etc and it works just the same ......you just need more of it. For this rough mixed powder I use approx 160 gms for a 5inch shell.

Actually most explosive devices used by terrorists nowdays are a bit more sophisicated than flash or pyrotechnic firework compositions

In Bali they used >1100 KG of KCLO3/AL/S in a van according to wikipedia.

The bomb
The Mitsubishi L300 van bomb was initially thought to have consisted of C4, a military grade plastic explosive which is difficult to obtain. However, investigators discovered the bomb was made from potassium chlorate, aluminum powder, and sulfur. For the Sari club bomb with the L300 van, the terrorists assembled 12 plastic filing cabinets filled with explosives. The cabinets, each containing a potassium chlorate, aluminum powder, sulfur mixture with a TNT booster, was connected by 150 meters of PETN-filled detonating cord. Ninety-four RDX electric detonators were fitted to the TNT. The total weight of the van bomb was 1.125 tons.[10] The large, high-temperature blast damage produced by this mixture was similar to a thermobaric explosive,[11] although the bombers may not have known this.[12]