PyroForum.nl

Cannon

Blaf

Well, well, well....how many of you got hooked, he,he...

You're right, I mean all of you - it's a real shooter. It shoots small salutes, (crackers) of domestic design and make. Blame me, of course. And again, yes, it has a small hole at the rear portion of the barrel where I stick a tiny piece of fuse while the cannon is loaded with a small amount of BP through the muzzle. By its look it resembles an American M150 or something similar - a field cannon from WWII and it's made of dfferently originated pieces but mostly (again) from leftovers of several old photo-copy machines. Looks really cool taken from this perspective, doesn't it? A few words about ballistics...it shoots those crackers (which snuggly fit into the barrel) at considerable distance, between 15 and 20 meters before the cracker goes off depending of fuse lenght. In my friends opinion it's quite impressive for this small toy-cannon. I never tried to shoot stars from this but I intend to very soon!

Thanks for comments guys!

Blaf

All die hard pyro's shoot their stars out of a tube before testing in shells.

The main reason for this is the background and cooling by the passing wind that you have, I have had bad green stars who looked wonderfull out of a tube and looked horrible on the ground.

Don't make your conclusions too soon, I have trown away hundreds of "bad" stars due to trying them on the ground and not in the air.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Nicely crafted Blaf, can you post a tutorial on how to make one and what stuff you used (to make one, not to fire one).
I would really like to make one just for fun. And maybe shoot at some cans.
I'd also like to know if yours is accurate, I do have a lathe available so maybe I can even create a real accurate one.

Greets

Edit: @Mr. Paplu below, I asked Prophet for permission. Maybe I should create my own but it's nice to have any idea how to start and what's possible.

Don't you think this is a real bad topic-bumb? The last post was in februari 2007! I think you can be very creative by yourself, so do you really need a tut? I don't think so. Look around for materials you could use. Search for bleuprints or something like that for a cannon and try to build it with no help. I also think you have much more fun when you do this.

Gr.

Mr.Paplu

It's true that I gave him permission to bump this topic. This whole section is somewhat inactive, so it doesn't really matter much. - Prophet

[edit] Ok, sorry.