PyroForum.nl

Visco Fuse

As you might already know, I have no chance (neither opportunity) to purchase that tiny Visco fuse here in my country. Since this is a fact which can't be changed, I just wonder if any of you guys could send me some by postal service...say, in a plain looking envelope? Or protective, brown-coloured one... How about that?

Any wise idea would be more than welcome.

Blaf

p.s.Do not, and I repeat - do not give me any alternative solutions as I already know everything...

Why I need it? Because I'm sick and tired of making my own. And I'm not talking about QUANTITY, I'm talking about few meters. At the end, I'm ready to compensate all the costs. Huh, this was exhausting...

Blaf

Make a machine that makes the fuse for you!!

I do that for blackmatch, a bobine of cotton string is lying in a bah with dissolved KNO3 in it,

the string goes true a paste of blackpowder(i use a silicon tube)and comes out coated with blackpowder, i make about 5 meters in a minute

Silicon fuse!!

A bendable reliable very hot burning fuse!!

The only drawback is that BP doesn't work in this fuse, you need a more energetic mix, flash is very very good for that

First screen or diaper the components together, make sure they are both very fine, they have to be really homogenous so i recommend using a ballmill for the oxidiser.

Then you have to add the silicon and make it all to a very well mixed paste.

Put this all in a syringe with the wanted diameter and push it out, leave it to dry for some days and it's ready to use

Frogfot has more detailed info so go to his site

• 1 year later...

Hello there!

As we're talking Visco (exclusively) here, I'm adding an image of my homebrew one but primed for ease of use. Both ends are primed with Meal+Dextrin slurry, some of those have one end dipped more - this is for use in BP rockets. You can only guess about other uses...

Blaf