PyroForum.nl

Electrisch verwarmen.

User1

Mijn post op smdb:
Even mezelf qouten :)

Today I am 'playing' with electric heating.
First of my goal is to familiarize myself with this concept and see how far I could push some scratch that was lying around.

Materials available:
Old toaster
Flowerpot
old ceramic vase
Thermocouple
Sand

What did do:
Took apart the toaster and used 2 parts, the first was a glow wire and the second was the current limiter ( the part where you can set the amount of carbon you want on your toast )
4 spirals were found in parallel, I decided to use one for this test.
If course I tested if the single spiral would hold up when cut off from the rest, it did without burning.

Then I took the vase and spiralled the wire around it (about 1,5 meters of wire)
The vase is about 40 cm in length and 12 cm in width.
Only 15 cm was used for the spiral.
The vase was placed in a big flowerpot and surrounded with dry sand.

Test:
The juice was turned to about 20 % and I waited to see if the construction would hold up.
A temperature of 280 degrees was measured on the inner wall.
The power was further upped to about 40 percent and a temp of 360 degrees was measured.
(outside temp climbed to 100 deg C )

Finally the temp was slowly increased to 100% and a temp of 630 degrees was measured , it was still climbing but to coating of my thermocouple wire started to melt so fast that I had to stop.
(anyone any suggestions to fix this problem)
surprisingly the outside of the flowerpot only measured 140 degrees.

Anyway.
I found out that sand is a quite good insulation material and that even such a simple and primitive construction could reach such enormous temp within a short time spawn.
The temp that could be reached with all 4 of the wire's and better insulation is yet to be tested.
This all without paying a single dime (except for the electricity)
Ill report further tests if anyone would like that.

Verdere tests volgen nog.
Eventueel gooi ik er een paar euro's tegenaan en besluit ik een echte oven te bouwen die tot over de 1000 graden wil.

Al met al een zeer tof iets om te doen op je zondagmiddag. Edited by User1

Respect voor je Engels dat wel , maar wat moet je hiermee vraag ik me dan af ?
Kijk dat zand een isolator is had je natuurlijk ook wel in je binas op kunnen zoeken.

En voor de productie van bepaalde stoffen en dan wat jij noemt zwaveltrioxide is het finaal de plank mis natuurlijk zonder thermostaat. want juist bij zwaveltrioxide is het heel belangrijk dat je de temperatuur gecontroleerd en laag kunt houden. En dan in een open systeem trekken de dampen vocht aan waardoor er zwavelzuur gevormd word en dus alles in die ruimte aangetast zal raken .. buiten ook je eigen longen dan.
Verder: wat bedoel je met rode phosfor .. wil je dat zelf maken of omzetten ???

M.v.G. Jason

Betreft het zand doelde ik vooral op het feit dat het in een dergelijke setup aardig doet wat het moet doen.

Ik noemde slechts voorbeelden van wat er mogelijk is met een oven die dergelijke temperaturen bereikt.
En ja het is mogelijk om op zeer hoge temperaturen stoffen als ijzersulfaat thermisch te ontleden tot o.a. SO3.
Een thermostaat is niet perse nodig , wel een nauwkeurige temp beheersing, dit kan ook door precies het vermogen te bepalen, met een externe temp. controle.
En nee natuurlijk ga ik dat niet in een open systeem doen, en stukje geslepen quartz glas zou hier goed van pas komen, ook zijn deze niet perse belachelijk duur.
Het zou zelfs met bepaalde keramische stoffen kunnen.
Ik zou zeggen ga eens wat rondkijken op smdb omtrent dit soort zaken.
Dan snap je een beetje wat ik bedoel.
Ook fosfor is door thermolyse te verkijgen uit bepaalde stoffen.

Trust me dat ik wel enig sinds weet wat ik aan het doen ben :)

Edited by User1