PyroForum.nl

Assorted devices

Blaf

Here we go...

As you can see, I wasn't just sitting with my hands crossed. I made all those small devices in last two weeks. It's nothing that you haven't seen yet, just the new fuse batch has been made. It is more compact and that's all. I know some of you envy me about that one and I can say just one thing – drop dead (he, he...).
Let's go back to the image;

Far left – threee fountains. You know the drill, KNO3, charcoal, sulphur and Al. One of them is almost twice bigger than other two and God knows what will happen when It's lit.
Then, we have that cardboard box full of stuff. Left are aerial salutes (no stabilizers attached yet), the rest is well known pile of triangles and jumping crackers. Yes, I made a few of white office paper...how it sounds is yet to be heard.
In front, the same stuff with addition on the right, rockets with various loads. Nothing spectacular, just a few stars of this or that kind and that's all. Or perhaps a small cracker among them to spice it up a bit.
More than half of everything goes to my cousines sons, I'll maybe keep a few triangles and that's all. Hope everything works well at the amusement of those two, hungry for pyro all the time.

Anything worth seeing on your side?

Blaf

Looks very nice Blaf! :D Not one thing in particular, but everything looks just professional.

I don't have pictures, but I can tell you that I have made a simple KAS smoker, some flash crackers, a fountain containing meal with yellow, red, blue/purple and white coloring compositions and one starmine. I also tried a small mortar, but I almost have not enough time for this all. That were the pyro things, now the explosives. Made about an hour ago 30 ml ethylene glycol dinitrate, tomorrow I will make some 20 more and make 50 ml Nitroglycerin. This all will soaked into ammonium nitrate and will be detonated by a silver acetylide primary and mannitol hexanitrate as detonator booster. The last explosiun will also contain. That's it I think. :P But if you ask me, I think I have made a bit too much exploding stuff, and not enough real pyrotechnic compositions.

Hello Nitroglycerin

As far as I can see, you've developed a strong high-explosive addiction, have you? Sorry, but even just mentioning those horribly sounding titles gives me creeps. OK, different tastes shouldn't be discussed. Personally, I prefer much simpler fun with harmless pyro gadgets. No more explosives should be mentioned here, OK? Maybe in a new topic or so. No offence, heh...
Anyhow, good luck with whatever you set off these days!

Blaf

p.s. Thanks for nice feedback!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys!

Of all devices you can see on the previous pic, one third was fired in New Years night as an ouverture to much louder show in the city port. The rest of gadgets was taken with me last saturday to my cousines wedding party. And you guess – kids gathered around me asking tricky questions, how did I do this or that, where the fuse came from etc. I played a wise old man, head of the Pyro Tribe and said nothing. It has to remain magical craft to a certain degree and I just wisely smiled and relied them to Internet. That much about aura I had that night. As for reliability of my handworks, well, 90% worked as planed. That tiny percentage of faulty ones did not spoil the night. Precisely, a few jumping-crackers did not discharge completely and some segments survived intact. The problem could be too tight spiking. Triangular ones and various rockets all worked perfectly. Ah, you should have seen children faces while rockets were rushing up. It's worth every single second spent in production.

I see no stories posted from you other members of this noble forum. Are you trying to say that you've done nothing this time?

Blaf

It's all very nice what you do for children and all, and of course whe would like it :P, but we can't light to many devices and stay on the same place, we would surely be arressted.... :(

Ah off course, my devices for newyears eve.
The my best creations were 3 of the 5 rockets with 2'' round shells on them. Filled with Al-streamers and each shell another color. Red, green, and blue. The breaks were almost symmetrical.

The silver/green one I liked the most. :(

I also made a very quick star repeater. I made it on 31th dec, between 7 and 8 o clock, so it was a last minute-device. I had about 30 tubes that were still unused, so that were 6 rows with 5 shots each. Fan shaped.

Well, for the stars:
10 Meal stars with some additional Al
10 Meal stars with Fe and Al. (Gives denser white tails)
10 Meal stars with Al and some big MgAl flakes. I like the cracking sound.
Used NC laquer for the stars, so they would be dry in an hour.
Every single star had a 0.5g pulverone lift.

I used 4 strings of quick blackmatch as fuse, delay between each shot was about 0.5 second.

And off course, I also made about 5 fountains. Same ID and nozzle I use always. 35mmID, and 10mm nozzle with 3/4 core. Also made some cut microstars for in the fountains. I used green, blue, purple, and red.

Well, that's about everything I made.
Stijn