PyroForum.nl

Firecracker

Blaf

Ah, there you are Tynemann!

In this petite beauty I used notorious flash mixture including 70% Potassium Perchlorate and 30% German Dark aluminium. Other mixtures, I'm afraid, would not rupture small chasing like this one. With other flashes it would surely need much tighter confinement.

Blaf

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks cute Blaf. I once made something similar with H3, which just said pop, but with flash I expect a somewhat louder bang.

The Mg/S flashpowder is a quite more violent version of the Zn/S rocketfuel. I've never tried it, but it looks like it's worth an experiment.

How much, how much...

It's miniature one indeed and if we distract bottom tissue plug (5mm) and fuse tissue plug (5mm) from overall lenght, we have only 2cm of hollow tubing. Bottom plug is pulled inside at least 5mm which makes the inner space even smaller...say 15mm. So, we have 15mm x 3mm of volume - exactly that much powder is inside. And I have no doubt it will make a fine little bang.

Blaf

Here are two recent videos I made this morning. The first one is larger cracker of 8cm in lenght, 8mm inner dia, 2mm wall thickness. Of course, it's gone off loudly...

CrackerB.wmv

The other one presents the Micro Cracker you've seen in my previous posts. Note that video is zoomed, deflagration took place at the same piece of rock as the one before...

CrackerM.wmv

I couldn't resist sharing this with you guys. It's not that I did not enjoy, on the contrary...

Blaf