PyroForum.nl

Supplies

deadman

Where do people get there supplies from. I am having a lot of trouble finding a place to pick them up. Mail order is out of the question. I can't seam to find a nursery that carries fertilizer KNO3. And the only source of Mg I can find is brand new sacrificial anodes for 9 dollars and it's not a decent amount for the price. Thanks.

Hello there!

You're from USA and therefore you shouldn't have any problems getting chemical pyro supplies. Firms such as Edit by Nick do mail order most of their stuff. Try to check their sites on the Net.
Unfortunately, sacrificial anodes are the only way I could get Magnesium too...amount you mentioned is quite OK with me, you don't need that much Mg in compositions and small piece should last long time...

Regards (and welcome) from Blaf

It isn't allowed to discuss suppliers here, but since a lot of pyro chemicals are available in store in the USA i guess it should't be a problem here.

I'm also looking for cheap magnesium, because within a week my metalgrinder will be finished, so I need a good amount of Al and Mg to grind.

• Root Admin

Supply-discussions are not allowed, since they get kewls to go to these locations. And when they fuck things up, its likely the normal pyro's are not able to buy chems there anymore. We don't want that to happen. Especially here in Holland were the sources are already rare.

Very true Gamekeeper. I always seam to forget about the small amount of fools who lose privelages for thousands. Here in california we can't have anything with flash powder. Not even the small 50 mg of flash found in commercial firecrackers across the us. Biggest brand I know of is Black Cats. Anyways. Thanx for the bienvenue Blaf. I will try to bring up new topics as well. I see you are the main contributor to new topics. That was just a side note by the way. But enough with the digression and sorry about the supplies thread.

Ah, I forgot that little detail about mentioning (and discussing) any suppliers here. I'll say something in my defence - I did not post any links to their respective sites...if this means anything. But as a principle, I agree about not mentioning any of those proscribed ones. Sorry if I broke any rules by doing so. My lips are sealed now guys...

Blaf

p.s. My VISCO machine is almost finished, he, he...