PyroForum.nl

Bridgeless matches

Just watch out for open terminals around electrolitic capacitor on the board.

Hm i found out what you mean, a couple off times. :oops:
But im still alive and kicking.
But it do is a lot more complicated then i thought i got an automtic camera i should have thought about that before.
Maybe i should have looked for one with no electric zoom and timer function and so but that was the only one he had laying aroud.
And i only know one photoshop around here the rest are big electronic shops and i dont think they keep stock of such items probably i should have checked first.
But i wont give up yet.

Pirate

Ok i made my first bridgeless matches with the grafite from pencils and they work :D
Although it did took a couple of secs (2-3) before the one i tested ignited, i tested it with a dc converter from 220v to 12v.
I think that the problem was that i used to much NC laquer with the graphite because it was way to fluid so i gave three layers of it but because of that i think my graphite wasn't pure enough anymore.
I also tested 5 minutes after i had aplied my mealpowder so maybe that had somthing to do with it also that it wasn't fully dry yet.
But ill take a look or i can do it better only then ill have to start scraping again maybe next week.

Pirate

I remove just 1mm of the insulation and wind up wires as close as I can. The theory says that resistance is lower if terminals are closer and smaller surface is exposed. Of course, you should leave first coating to dry completely before application of meal slurry. At least that's the way I did...

Blaf

There was about 2 mm insulation removed off the wires i used so ill make em shorter next time thanks for the tip :wink:
But when you aplied your graphite+NC laquer how much did you put on?
Just enough that the insulators and the space between where covered or did there was a drop forming like a tip of a match because im thinking i maybe put on to much and therefore it needed a long time to heat up the outer layer of graphite and lighting the meal powder.

And it alyet looked dry when i aplied the next layer but that probably was the outside of the layer only so il be more pacient next time.
But i wasnt sure on how long my laquer was goint to preserve.

And i just tried another one and this one didn't even ignite it started smoking a bit after a couple of secs but i dont want to thrash my converter yet so i unplugged it.
When i held my fuse in a flame it did ignite fast so the meal aint the problem i guess.

Pirate

You shouldn't let NC/Graphite to form drop-looking tip. I make only one dip and slurry just barely connects two naked wires (makes thin bridge between them)...and no drop forms at all. You can play with slurry thickness so that you get consistent results.

Blaf

• 4 weeks later...