PyroForum.nl

Visco Fuse Machine

Blaf

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...
Nice work PGF! It works quite good as far as I can see. Too bad you need 2 to operate it. :)

Hehe, oh well, gonna make some slight changes so it will only need one person to operate it. Firstly the funnel that feeds the powder into the first dye will be fixed to the machine in a way that it can be removed when i have to change the empty string rolls or when something else unpredictable happens :P Second, something vibrating, probably from a mobile phone, will be fixed to the funnel so you don't have to tap it constantly.

After i makes these changes it will be a one man operation . Hopefully this will be the end of construction and fuse production will begin.

Cheers
  • 3 weeks later...
Pretty cool! How do you coat it? Are you having a constant burning speed?

since it was just very first try, so I didnt bother to make any special NC coating mashine or gear, I just took liquid NC in to my palm (with gloves) ant puled Visco over it, I vas prutty impatient, so I didnot let pinpong bals to disolve in acetone inough well , it made couse uneven thicknes of NC couver.
But soon I vill make special die or pulley that will make to submerge Visco in NC.

No burn test so far, just had no time for this yet

Main parts used in this machine: bearings and bushings taken out of roller-skate wheels , worm gear (ratio 1/54) ripped out of Wolksvagen Golf II wipers motor.

well guys, thanks for praising, I just tested my first fuse semple, results are better then I expected
check this out

Viscoburntest2-1.mp4
Speed of the mashine (RPM) can be adjusted acording your wish, since mashine used to be driven by electro drill. It has a buton you can adjust prefered RPM. Fuse -2mm thick, i didnot mesure burn speed , but on an eye it looks bit faster than standart.
As for more detail explanation Im gonna make verry clear video tutorial in one week
Take care!

P.S. wanted good advice for simple ,fast, and efective NC coating on Visco Fuse.

That looks like some really nice homemade visco. The burning speed is somewhat high, but at least it burns with a constant speed.

For coating it with NC, you can lead your just produced visco through a little vessel with in acetone solved NC. Then you let it run over a couple of wheels (is it called like that?) to allow it to dry. The acetone vaporizes quite quickly, so about a 1,5 meter would be enough I think. The actual needed length for drying depends on humidity, amount of solvent used, quality of your NC etc. Please don't be stupid, and work only outside with acetone/NC mixtures, since they are extremely flammable.

• 2 weeks later...
P.S. wanted good advice for simple ,fast, and efective NC coating on Visco Fuse.

Let the fuse run through a little drum. Put one simple wheel on the bottom. Use a thin metal sheet as cover. Pierce a little hole with a nail where you want to insert the fuse in the drum. Pierce from the outside in so you get a little conical hole like this \ / Let the fuse run around the wheel on the bottom, (trough the NC) and back to the metal sheet. Pierce another hole but this time the other way around. The hole must be tight fitting around the fuse, so any leftover NC laquer will be scraped off and drips back in the drum. Take about 2 mtrs. of free space for the fuse to dry, and wind around your collectionspool.

Regards, Murtali

Thanks guys, Im working on that just found out reliable way of making pulleys

Idea is to use circular cuter (is it corect in English?) wich one is used to cut nice holes in a board. You gotta get a plastic panel, cut out ,,plastic cakes,, cover with epoxy glue, string them together on the bolt wait until it sets. Then fix him up in to electro drill (with base support)

and mashine just like in a lathe. Chisel is best to tool it.

P.S. I forgot one sensitive point, plastic panel you are going to use has to be ecetone proof.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thanks guys, Im working on that just found out reliable way of making pulleys

Idea is to use circular cuter (is it corect in English?) wich one is used to cut nice holes in a board. You gotta get a plastic panel, cut out ,,plastic cakes,, cover with epoxy glue, string them together on the bolt wait until it sets. Then fix him up in to electro drill (with base support)

and mashine just like in a lathe. Chisel is best to tool it.

P.S. I forgot one sensitive point, plastic panel you are going to use has to be ecetone proof.

some pics had gone http://www.talpink.lt/images/v.php?id=23479pulley.JPG
  • 3 months later...