Jumping Cracker

Blaf

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

Hmmm, i think i will try this device with H3, i don't have a ballmill, but i think my H3 will suffice...(can't spell)

Only have to cover the fuse with paper so it won't come in contact with pottasium chlorate.(meaning the sulfer)

So it will be storable...

BTW, in Holland i think i never saw something like this, maybe jumoing jacks, but i think unpredictable shit is illegal, puh me of a cliff if i'm wrong.
:P

Latterrzz

I think it's real hard to put flash on exacly the good places of the cracker. Dont use chlorate flash!
I was thinking if gleuing would be a good idea, I mean what would happen if you would gleu the whole paper
and than quickly tie it? Would it crack louder?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Flash powder would destroy the casing, there's no point really thinking about it.

Sorry for bumping an old topic but I gave this project a few attempts to find them all unsuccessful.
I find that you would need a very thick layer of black powder for it to work. Using this method mine only sizzle through the paper.
But then I just decided to get some meal and make a line of it and fold it. (So no wetness).
I glued the ends shut with the fuse in one end and then proceeded to fold it into a zig-zag.
Later that night, due to the fact it does not need to be dried. I tested it and it worked perfect giving a loud bangs and actually jumping.

So if you could not get it working I recommend trying this way. But this does have it's downs... the black powder can move and fall out. But if your careful and can fold it without moving the black powder side to side this method should work.

I see some of you guys have doubts about details of construction. Someone mentioned a possibility of composition cracks when folding sections of the paper tube. OK, the angle shouldn't be steep, that's obvious and therefore I use ball-pen insert of 6mm diameter. I do bend the tube around this round body (which makes bends pretty round) and thus avoid cracks in still moist composition. Of course, thicker layer of wet meal should do miracles.

Blaf

Yesterday I made a bunch of these jumping crackers and found out you do not have to wet the meal powder.
The only difference is that you must fold/roll it very tight so the BP won't fall out of it.
I use this method because I don't like to wait for them to drie.
If this isn't clear enough, please ask.