PyroForum.nl

Blaf in person

Blaf

Someone asked me to introduce myself...and so, here I am opening my heart...
I'm 49 y old, work in three shifts at VISA dept. in one of the banks. Nothing except I could hardly wait to get home every day.
One of my hobbies (among others...such as Sport Shooting and Reloading ammo, Radioamateurism etc.) that I'm pretty passionate about is Pyrotechnics. Well, it's quite obvious, isn't it? Long time ago, much before Internet came in town, I mostly worked with crackers and smoke devices but ever since then my imagination has been occupied by other things too. I mean burning things...but taking everything into account I still have limited experience in this field as most of nice Pyro chemicals have been out of my reach. Hope this changes one day.
That's it guys.
Blaf

Yeah, you're (sadly enough) right about that. You kow, we could laugh about Americans, they're this or that, they're naive or agressive...but honesty, I envy them for variety of chemical suppliers, Pyro-clubs and organizations. It's amazing in a way that in nowadays common fascination with terorism they can still freely buy flammable chemicals. Hats down for Amers! Meanwhile, we can die asking why we can't have the same treatment or rely to few basic chemicals still available...
Blaf

With al the chemicals cheaply availeble... and they're still wondering how people can make their own bombs?!? there is a reason why te chemicals are not availeble for every noob, risk for their own life en for others, but such people make it hard to have a hobby like this... Those americans are not very smart! I think it's nessacary to make it at least a little difficult to buy some chemicals, but not as hard as in the netherlands (and perhaps as in England) That's sad :) But it's nice to have some expirienced people like you here so the beginners like me can learn from people like you :D

Hi Lord of Dark

Thanks for flattering humble me. Experience is something I'm still searching for I'm afraid my friend.
And that thing about chemicals...well, if we look closer into very essence of the State and Government issue...the main reason for their existence is control over almost everything and anything and extracting a profit from it. Its first instinct is preservation of itself by applying rules and regulations all over citizens life...which perfectly works for centuries by now. Someone could say this is political problem, and being such it shouldn't be discussed here but it obviously has deep impact on our hobby. Not only this one of course, but all aspects of our lives are affected more or less. And so, political Purists would take out their strongest card here - we could chose between A:well regulated life in decent State and B:anarchy. If you ask me, I would opt for something in between...

Blaf